Hello! Welcome to Flawkward.i.e. Two Flawlessly Awkward ladies on a mission to bare all, share joy, embrace the weird and just plain make you feel better about all the stuff you do that’s super embarrassing; we promise we’ve already got the t-shirt.
We (Laura and Amy) are in this together, so when you see ‘By Aura Demeen’ you’re getting quality two for the price of one content. Yep, we went there and gave ourselves a combined pen name, because this is our corner of the internet, goddammit. This is a safe pocket of the web for nerds, girls, horror-lovers, Winchester brother-lovers, Japan-lovers, meme curators and the very best of friends to come and dwell in. It’s a space where you can fangirl over the things you love without inhibition or fear of judgement, where you can get advice on anxiety-related issues and where you can explore new weirdo passions to the very fullest. Yay!
How did this magical idea come to be?, we hear you cry.
Well – you know that feeling when you realise that you have something in common with someone? That euphoric ‘OMG’ moment where you find out that you’re not quite as alone in your quirks as you thought you were? That’s what this blog is. The culmination of all the ‘OMG’ moments we share, as well as a means to connect with more like-minded people out there. Like a giant, ‘OMG’ moment ripple effect, connecting our weirdo hearts to more weirdo hearts forevermore. (And they all lived happily ever after, THE END, yadda yadda yadda.)
Some of the ‘OMG’ moments that we’ve had that’ll we’ll use as topics for this blog are:
- General awkwardness
- Mutual appreciation of Castiel from Supernatural (Misha Collins)
- Mutual appreciation of Sam from Supernatural (Jared Padalecki)
- Mutual appreciation of Dean from Supernatural (Jensen Ackles)
- Bearded men, included in but not limited to those on Supernatural
- Reading books
- Smelling books
- Hoarding books
- Queer Eye
- Horrors (and other forms of media that cause psychological damage, AKA ghost stories)
- The terrible budget horror flick, The Temple
- Christmas in general…
- …And also Christmas markets, as their own entity
- Cat eyeliner
- The theatre (pronounced thee-ah-tarrrrr)
- Eating poptarts straight out of the box on the street, like animals
- Untranslatable words
- The colour mustard (also the colours emerald and scarlet)
- The smell of gingerbread
- Puddings, particularly those that ooze somewhat sexually when you stab them with a spoon (omg) and those which go well with custard (omgomg)
- Vintage things
- Contemplating the universe (but not to the point of an existential crisis)
- Daily existential crises
- Pens which write well
- Exposed brick
- Sharing our innermost musings and thoughts on all things
- Enabling each other to make terrible purchase decisions
- Making inappropriate noises while eating
- Starting projects, like this blog
It’s a pretty extensive list – and you’d be right in thinking that that means this blog will cover a pretty extensive amount, too.
It’ll be no cut-and-stick lifestyle blog. No simple beauty blog, or clear-cut fashion blog. It’s an all-inclusive and totally diverse nerd blog, covering anything and everything that makes our weirdo hearts tick. Or – less eloquently – it’s a big brain dump, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Looking forward to fangirling with you.